Group Of Undercover Police Posing As Drug Dealers Tried To Arrest Another Group Of Undercover Police Posing As Drug Buyers
The odd events happened in 2017, on Andover Street, Detroit. Andover St., located on the city's east side, is a well-known spot for its continuing drug activity where buyers go to get their daily fix. Criminality in the neighborhood has increased significantly in the last years.
"Definitely a drug problem in our neighbor for years," said one resident, "But I don't think anyone can stop it."
So, taking into consideration the big drug problem in Andover St., police went to work hard to catch both dealers and buyers so that drug-related crimes in the neighborhood ceased. Perhaps, it would be appropriate to say that they tried "too hard."
According to different sources, this story began when a group of undercover police officers pretended to be drug dealers, waiting for drug users to approach and swallow the bait. But things wouldn't develop as officers thought. After some minutes waiting in the dark, a group of people seemed to approach the group of officers. But these weren't drug buyers, but actually police officers from the same department as the ones posing as drug dealers!
From then on, the story became more and more cringy. A homeowner, who witnessed the scene, saw the two sides fighting each other, throwing punches and even drawing their guns.
They were later notified about the real facts and the operation turned out to be an embarrassment for the local police department.
One Andover resident rightly said, "You've gotta have to have more communication, I guess."
After the incident, the Wayne County prosecutors office started to investigate the case to see if criminal charges would be filed. Nothing more is known related to this event since the story is nearly 3 years old.
More Viral Stories >>
- Most Wanted Hacker Was Hacked And Arrested Because His Password Was His Cat's Name Plus '123'
- Burger King Employee Submitted Anonymous Photo Of Him Stepping In A Bunch Of BK's Lettuce - He Was Fired 12 Hours Later
- The Sun's Diameter Is 400 Times Greater Than The Moon's, But Also The Sun is 400 Times Farther Away, Making Both Equal In Size...
- Anonymous Once Sent Thousands Of All-Black Faxes To The Church Of Scientology To Deplete All Their Ink Cartridges
- A Man Hijacked A Plane For A $600K Ransom - After 10 Hours Of Negotiations He Lowered The Ransom To 3 Cheeseburgers And A Rental Car